Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Outside

Yesterday I painted some of the outdoor white trim on my house. I do not enjoy being outside so painting the outdoor trim was not pleasant. I do like to paint but only inside. Generally speaking I enjoy any kind of painting but for some reason painting outside took most of the fun out of the job. I know most people look for a reason to be outside and even enjoy it but this was not my idea of a good time. I love projects and I am not afraid of a challenge but they are all inside. As I painted, wishing that the sun would stop glaring in my face, I thought about how we all have to do things we don't like to do. Life isn't always fun, easy or comfortable. I'm different, I know that. I feel at home in an airport and I feel my best eating food I have never had before. Yet being outside in the sun irritates me. God knew just what I needed yesterday. He was stretching me, taking me outside of my comfort zone, making me go "outside". It's good for us to do things we don't want to do. I guess it's called growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment