Monday, July 27, 2009

In the Trash!

I was reading in Hebrews this morning and my eye seemed stuck on this one verse, " So watch your step, friends. Make sure there's no evil unbelief lying around that will trip you up and throw you off course, diverting you from the living God."(Hebrews 3:12 Message)
I kept reading the part that says "unbelief lying around" and began imagining "unbelief" as if it were old socks, dirty dishes, or newspapers lying around my house. You know... the stuff no one wants to pick up and take care of. I could visualize the dishes, socks, and newspapers but what about "unbelief"? And yet it is true, we leave it lying around in our mind and in our heard. Sometimes the worst thing we do is pick it up only to speak our "unbelief" and lay it inside of someone else's heart and mind. Lets make it a point today to pick up our junk. I don't want to get tripped up and I certainly don't want to trip someone else up. Lets put "unbelief" where it belongs...in the trash!

No comments:

Post a Comment